Video is a Must to Succeed
If you haven’t already . . . you must incorporate video in order to stay with the current marketing trends. I know that is a pretty bold statement but it is the absolute truth. Most of the younger business owners have grasped this concept but older businesses are really having issues truly understanding how important video is going to become. In addition, we hear from a lot of business owners that “we have time before it becomes truly necessary”. Folks, I am here to tell you we don’t. In fact as of next year (YES!! 2019) 80 percent of marketing will contain video.
Just in case you still don’t believe me here are some more facts from Forbes:
- 90 percent of consumers indicate product videos directly inform purchase decisions.
- 92 percent of videos viewed via mobile are shared compared to other modes of access.
- 95 percent of consumers retain communicated information through video, while only 10 percent retain information from reading.
- Companies utilizing video content experience a 41 percent increase in traffic through web searches compared to others who don’t include video in their content strategies.
- Video offers the best return on investment, as 51.9 percent of marketing experts agree.
How do I Start Using Video
In order to get started I believe you have to know where your traffic is viewing your videos. In that same article from Forbes, they gave a perspective of where consumers connect directly with branded video daily: “49 percent on Facebook, 32 percent on YouTube, 24 percent on Instagram, 22 percent on Snapchat and 22 percent on Twitter.” This indicates you should focus a lot on facebook, but I don’t think that holds true. As the market becomes more in tune with video marketing I think you will see percentages rise in every social media platform till it settles out.
Tips for Video
Now that you see how important video content is what can you start filming? Well, I would NOT invest in any equipment as of yet (that is another blog post). Keep it simple, just use your Iphone. The phones of today give great quality video and sound. Some good ideas to get you started on your videoing journey are:
- Video blogs about the content you are posting
- taking videos of behind the scenes on location
- tips for every day (parenting, business, etc.)
- anything that interests you.
This will take time but the important thing is to never stop trying or recording.
Let’s stay connected
I hope you have enjoyed this post. Do you want to dive deeper into how to be successful in new markets or are relocating your business and need some help? Come join our course Break into a New Market.
If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest content and request access to our private Facebook page for special live content. In addition, to view all of our videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.